Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs® Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Makes 10-12 servings
- 7 oz. (14 pieces) Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs®
- 16 oz. (1 lb.) loaf Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs.®
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and egg yolks until well mixed.
- Add the chopped Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs® and the cubed sweet bread to the bowl, gently stirring to coat the cubes.
- Set the mixture aside to allow the bread to soak, tossing periodically (about 30-40 minutes).
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes (test the bread pudding to make sure the top is golden brown and the inside is cooked, but not too dry).
- Remove from oven – Spoon helpings into bowls and serve with whipped cream, ice cream or caramel sauce.
TIP: Cut bread into cubes the night before and leave out - stale bread soaks up the moisture, but still retains consistency.