The terms “Hawaiian Host”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Hawaiian Host, Inc. and may include our affiliates and third party service providers.
Hawaiian Host collects certain information including personal information when you visit our Site. The type of information we collect depends on what you do when you visit.A. Information You Provide to Us
Examples of the types of personal information that Hawaiian Host may collect from you when you visit the Site include:
- Your contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, email address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- Billing and payment information such as billing addresses, credit card information, and bank account information you provide to us in order to make a purchase;
- Your preferences with respect to email marketing;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or preferences;
- Your inquiries about and orders for our products and services, as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you;
- Feedback you provide to us regarding our Site, products and services; and
- Other information that you may choose to provide to us including information you provide in response to a promotional offer, contest or sweepstakes we may make on our Site.
We also collect certain types of information through automated means whenever you access or use the Site. Examples of the information we may collect automatically include the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; your browser type, capabilities, and language; your operating system; the date and time you access our Site; your browsing behavior, including the pages and products you view, and the links you click; location information; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website.
This automatically-collected information is collected using the following technologies:i. Cookies and Other Automated Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory for record-keeping and other legitimate business purposes.
If you do not wish to receive cookies or other automated tracking technologies, you can adjust the appropriate settings in your browser. Please note, however, that rejection of certain cookies or other tracking technologies may affect the functionality of parts of our Site. Additional information about cookies may be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your browser may transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you use or visit. We do not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.ii. Location Services
We use personal information to deliver services or fulfill transactions that you request, such as providing you with information about Hawaiian Host products and services, processing and fulfilling your orders, answering customer service requests, sending you e-newsletters, and facilitating the use of our Site.
We may also use your personal information to improve our Site (including our security measures) and related products or services, or to make our Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, or by customizing our Site to your particular preference or interests. We may combine the information you provide to us with information we obtain from other users in order to improve our Site and the products and services we offer.
If you opted in to receive mailings and/or communications from us, you may opt out of receiving those mailings and communications from us at any time by contacting us as set forth below. You may continue to receive communications about your account or orders even after you opt out.3. How We May Share Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with third parties who assist us in providing you with products and services. For example, we may share information:
- With vendors, suppliers, service providers, consultants, contractors, or other third parties that Hawaiian Host uses to support its business, including service providers that perform web hosting, data cloud storage, website and/or mobile application development, and e-commerce functions including credit card processing and fulfillment;
- With third party service providers to deliver and improve certain content, services, and features of the Site, help us understand how the Site is used, to assist us in improving the content, operation, and functionality of the Site, and other legitimate business purposes;
- To allow third parties to link the Site to your social media accounts, websites, and applications to track your activity and collect certain information when you use the Site;
- To anyone to whom you send communications through the Site, including any electronic gift card transactions;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide us the personal information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- Whenever you specifically consent to sharing.
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and with third parties in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hawaiian Host (or subsidiary) assets.
We will share your personal information as reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, goodwill, and safety of Hawaiian Host and its employees, partners, and affiliates or of other users of the Site, and whenever we are required to do so by law.4. Security We Use to Protect Your Privacy
While no site can guarantee the security of your personal information, we use industry accepted security technologies, practices and protocols to minimize the risk of loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control including the personal information you entrust to us.5. Your Options Regarding Your Personal Information and Our Site
You have options when deciding how to share your personal information with us. You can visit our Site anonymously by not volunteering information and turning off the automated tracking technologies. However, this approach may prevent you from taking advantage of many of our Site’s most useful features.6. Additional Rights for California Residents
California residents have additional privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Rights Act. If you are a California resident, you have the right to know the personal information we have about you and you also have the right to ask that we delete that information, with certain limitations.A. Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you can ask us what personal information we have collected from you, and how we have used, disclosed, and shared that information in the preceding twelve (12) months.B. Right to Deletion
California residents can also request that we delete your personal information. However, we may not delete all of your personal information if we need to retain the information to (1) complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you; (2) for security purpose, in order to detect data security incidents; (3) debug or repair any errors; (4) to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or (5) to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information, such as improving our products and services.
Note, however, that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same including, for example email newsletters and product recommendations.C. Requesting Your Information and/or the Deletion of Your information
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to verify your identity before we can fulfill your request. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete.7. Children’s Privacy
Email to: email@example.com
Phone: (808) 848-0500
Writing to us at:
500 Alakawa Street, Suite 111, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and Hawaii or, in the case of California residents, the laws of the United States and California. If you are accessing the Site from outside the United States your country may mandate a different privacy standard, in which case you should not share your personal information with us through our Site or in any other manner.